-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Well deadliest problem

Originally Posted by
yadwin
I have come across many guys who just abondened knoppix due to this trouble they say if u cant install a new program and cant save whatever you have done then what is the need to keep a a os on CD. And if the only solution is installing it on to the HDD then why not some bigger version like Redhat or Mandarke.
Ever used an rpm based distro? rpm is a terrible package manager IMHO. Many dependency problems. Also Mandrake is the slowest moving Linux I've ever seen in my life. Personally I would never use it.
And I think we must device some solution like what if it stores all the files on to the HDD during Shutdown and then again retrievs them to ram during the next run. the whole trouble will be solved
And I think this may not be a very troublesome solution.
I guess I don't understand what the point of a live cd is if you want to install things to the hdd. Why not just put an OS on the hard drive then? You are aware that it is completely possible to create your own live cd?
Similar Threads
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:09 AM
-
By pelican in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 11:36 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 04:28 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99