Knoppix 3.4 boots on my Athlon 64 3200. It doesn't recognize my USB ports though.
Hi i'm trying to run Knoppix 3.4 on my Athlon64 3000+ with a Seagate SATA HD. I just want to use it to install gentoo on my computer BUT i have serious troubles doing it cuz:
1. when i try to boot with knoppix the system crashes (guess it's cuz of the SATA and/or the 64bit Processor)
2. when i boot with knoppix26 it bootes up as it should BUT it doesn't recognize my SATA-HD plus my WLAN-Adapter (prism3-Chip) and i need both for the installation of gentoo
I remarked that the prism2_usb driver can be used when booting the knoppix kernel (tried it on another pc...) but as i can't boot it it's no use anyway.
Does anybody know a solution or workaround for that?
Knoppix 3.4 boots on my Athlon 64 3200. It doesn't recognize my USB ports though.
Works fine for me too, with my Althon64 3000. My hard disk is SATA, and isn't detected unless I use the 2.6 kernel, but it doesn't crash if I use 2.4... It just doesn't show up.
I found that after doing an hdd install, I couldn't boot Knoppix unless I took my Belkin USB bluetooth adapter out. Maybe if you unplug anything you don't need you might find it starts working? :/ It's not a very educated answer but it might work :P

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$399.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96