I also am finding some problems remastering 3.4, all the customizing/removing/installing etc. works ok but the finished result doesn't compress small enough and won't boot.Originally Posted by femialpha
What problems are you having?
Hello, I am new to remastering cd's and I need documentation on customizing knoppix 3.4. The one's I have seen are for older versions and don't seem to work. Thanks.
I also am finding some problems remastering 3.4, all the customizing/removing/installing etc. works ok but the finished result doesn't compress small enough and won't boot.Originally Posted by femialpha
What problems are you having?
I could not find the boot.img and have now discovered that 3.4 no longer uses it. Can you post the link to the documentation you use?
I use this documentation for remastering 3.4
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
And 23.4 use isolinux... the image files are in /boot/isolinux...
Good luck!
Herein linked are some of Dr. Klaus Knopper's "3.4" scripts :
Hope this helps
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ay/005224.html
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ry/001593.html
Note his WARNING posted at the link above -- the scripts :
- will destroy your entire system,
- will make your computer and everything around it unusable,
- cause chaos and destruction,
- will invalidate every data you have ever produced and render your
backups unreadable as well. Power will fail and your CDs will explode.
Modify these scripts before executing them, or otherwise they are just going to destroy everything. hehe, just kidding
But seriously, they do need to be modified, just how exactly I am not sure...
Hope this helps.
Assuming you are in /mnt/hda1/knx/master
Try this on for size (Knoppix 3.4)...
(All one command)
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX_THING_YOU_ARE_MAKING" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/kda1/knx/master
(This was listed in the directions, just after the first mkisofs command that included the boot.img file reference.)
the mkisofs-command does not work on my knoppix 3.6. i followed that documentation: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
everything goes well until the last command (mkisofs). it does not find the isolinux.bin. i did a search and found that file in the /cdrom/boot-directory... is there an updated howto for knoppix 3.6??
edit: i actually used the german translation of the howto. i just compared it with the english version. the german one lacks important information and should be updated![]()

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99