Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How can I see a SATA HDD in Knoppix 3.4 ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1

    How can I see a SATA HDD in Knoppix 3.4 ?

    I have a SATA HDD and I need to rescue some data from one of the two partitions on it. When I get the CD to install, it cannot see the HDD, and later on, when Knoppix is running, there's no way I can see anything from the SATA drive, and i also cannot see the contents of the old ATA drive that I have installed on my comp. How can I solve the issue with the SATA drive?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    37
    Try booting up useing kernel 2.6
    That works for me.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix & SATA?
    By Alterscape in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 02:35 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.8.1 +SATA = no Boot!
    By Krisbee in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:44 PM
  3. SATA and Knoppix 3.4 problem
    By best15 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 03:38 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 SATA
    By Visivicous in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 09:58 PM
  5. knoppix 3.3 and SATA-- won't boot-- HELP!
    By torchZ06 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00