Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: DHCP connection help required

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    13

    DHCP connection help required

    Hi all;

    Newby to Linux and Knoppix here - firstly, my apologies for lack of any Linux knowlwdge! (I do run a few ported Linux progs though, Lyx, Mozilla etc.)

    Anyway - I've just found Knoppix on CD and have had a bit of a play. So far so good.....however;

    1. I cannot connect to my LAN - DHCP does not pick up any IP addy. In Windoze i just select "obtain an IP address automatically" and it does.

    2. I see that Lyx 1.3.4 is shipped with the Knoppix CD and would like to give it a go. Question is how does one "run" a program that does not appear(AFIK) on the start menu?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    Have you tried this? Knoppix menu> Network/Internet> Network Card Configuration

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    13
    Yep; I tried to manually configure with known IP, Gateway etc but still no joy

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    13
    I've sorted it - of sorts

    I have an on board LAN card that I use for a interanl home network and a PCI Netgear FA311 card which I use for external network connection

    Knoppix + FA311 = No connection
    Knoppix + onboard = All works fine

    No idea why but I'm happy

Similar Threads

  1. Swap Required?
    By bsaber in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 09:58 PM
  2. NEWBIE! Help required with knoppix please!
    By evorob in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 11:22 AM
  3. Is dos required?
    By herponen in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
  4. Help required for conexant modem
    By Chris_Lewis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 01:30 AM
  5. Conexant Modems - Help required
    By Chris_Lewis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 11:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$349.95