Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Network Card NOt Detected

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1

    Network Card NOt Detected

    Hi,
    Sorry for posting this, I know that this type of topic has been posted tons of times but I could use some help. I have a Linksys 802.11b wireless card WPC11-V4 and Knoppix will not detect the card. From reading other posts I've heard that the WPC11-V4 is almost impossible to get to work with Knoppix. If anyone has any tips they can give me to get this card working it would be greatly appreciated. Or, should I just spend the $20 or so to get a WPC-V3 card which I've heard works. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    If I were you I would spend the $20 and get the V3.
    I have a V3 and a V4.
    The V3 is a great card, it just works - first time - every time.

    When I got my second laptop I bought another Linksys card, not realizing that they had moved to V4. I have had several goes getting the V4 to work, and a couple of times I even thought that I was getting close, but still to no avail. My V4 is currently sitting at the bottom of a drawer somewhere gathering dust.

    Recently I bit the bullet and shelled out ~$AUD95 to get a LevelOne card which uses the Atheros chipset. This works okay, but still doesn't seem to work as well as the Linksys. (Requires a bit more setting up, sometimes need to manually modprobe. Signal strength levels never seem quite so good).

    If you know of a source of V3 cards, maybe you should buy a couple and then on-sell them to frustrated Linux users (at a modest profit of course)

Similar Threads

  1. Network card not detected by netcardconfig
    By spectralshadows in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 09:43 PM
  2. Network card 3 COM 3C940 not detected
    By alfred in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 05:46 AM
  3. Network card not detected, help please
    By _Iz- in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:24 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$61.56



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99