Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Network Card NOt Detected

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1

    Network Card NOt Detected

    Hi,
    Sorry for posting this, I know that this type of topic has been posted tons of times but I could use some help. I have a Linksys 802.11b wireless card WPC11-V4 and Knoppix will not detect the card. From reading other posts I've heard that the WPC11-V4 is almost impossible to get to work with Knoppix. If anyone has any tips they can give me to get this card working it would be greatly appreciated. Or, should I just spend the $20 or so to get a WPC-V3 card which I've heard works. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    If I were you I would spend the $20 and get the V3.
    I have a V3 and a V4.
    The V3 is a great card, it just works - first time - every time.

    When I got my second laptop I bought another Linksys card, not realizing that they had moved to V4. I have had several goes getting the V4 to work, and a couple of times I even thought that I was getting close, but still to no avail. My V4 is currently sitting at the bottom of a drawer somewhere gathering dust.

    Recently I bit the bullet and shelled out ~$AUD95 to get a LevelOne card which uses the Atheros chipset. This works okay, but still doesn't seem to work as well as the Linksys. (Requires a bit more setting up, sometimes need to manually modprobe. Signal strength levels never seem quite so good).

    If you know of a source of V3 cards, maybe you should buy a couple and then on-sell them to frustrated Linux users (at a modest profit of course)

Similar Threads

  1. Network card not detected by netcardconfig
    By spectralshadows in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 09:43 PM
  2. Network card 3 COM 3C940 not detected
    By alfred in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 05:46 AM
  3. Network card not detected, help please
    By _Iz- in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:24 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5gb W/Rack Mount Kit W/Keystones and Original hardware. picture

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5gb W/Rack Mount Kit W/Keystones and Original hardware.

$500.00



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99