Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Network Card NOt Detected

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1

    Network Card NOt Detected

    Hi,
    Sorry for posting this, I know that this type of topic has been posted tons of times but I could use some help. I have a Linksys 802.11b wireless card WPC11-V4 and Knoppix will not detect the card. From reading other posts I've heard that the WPC11-V4 is almost impossible to get to work with Knoppix. If anyone has any tips they can give me to get this card working it would be greatly appreciated. Or, should I just spend the $20 or so to get a WPC-V3 card which I've heard works. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    If I were you I would spend the $20 and get the V3.
    I have a V3 and a V4.
    The V3 is a great card, it just works - first time - every time.

    When I got my second laptop I bought another Linksys card, not realizing that they had moved to V4. I have had several goes getting the V4 to work, and a couple of times I even thought that I was getting close, but still to no avail. My V4 is currently sitting at the bottom of a drawer somewhere gathering dust.

    Recently I bit the bullet and shelled out ~$AUD95 to get a LevelOne card which uses the Atheros chipset. This works okay, but still doesn't seem to work as well as the Linksys. (Requires a bit more setting up, sometimes need to manually modprobe. Signal strength levels never seem quite so good).

    If you know of a source of V3 cards, maybe you should buy a couple and then on-sell them to frustrated Linux users (at a modest profit of course)

Similar Threads

  1. Network card not detected by netcardconfig
    By spectralshadows in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 09:43 PM
  2. Network card 3 COM 3C940 not detected
    By alfred in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 05:46 AM
  3. Network card not detected, help please
    By _Iz- in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:24 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR

$206.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99



Samsung 100

Samsung 100" Class FHD (1080P) LED Projector (SP-LFF3CLAXXZA)

$234.00



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



Samsung PM961 (MZVLW128HEGR-000L1) 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD picture

Samsung PM961 (MZVLW128HEGR-000L1) 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

$28.95



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



AA-PBUN4KP New Battery Replacement for Samsung Notebook 9 Pen NP930QAA NEW picture

AA-PBUN4KP New Battery Replacement for Samsung Notebook 9 Pen NP930QAA NEW

$25.99