I have already partitioned my hdrive would like to put /home and / root on different partitions but the installer only seems to allow you to specify the root partition.
Did I miss something?![]()
I have already partitioned my hdrive would like to put /home and / root on different partitions but the installer only seems to allow you to specify the root partition.
Did I miss something?![]()
You'll need to do this by modifying the .knofig file with whatever text editor you choose to use. The file is well-commented so you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.
Oh, so that's how you do it? Now, I presume you mean the .knofig file on the liveCD before the hdinstall, right? If so, how do you edit the file as its ro? BTW, what dir is it in? Can I chmod it or can I delete it and relink it from somewhere else?
TIA,
AJG
Thx that worked
From console just <su> enter
kwrite .knofig from the installer choose load configuration file and then start install.
HTH![]()
It's writable because it's saved into ram. The default location of the .knofig file is in /root. But if you want, you can specify your own location and file name for the config file through the knoppix-installer gui (when you choose save configuration).Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99