What do you mean by background programs?
What I have to do to see the background programs?
Thanks
What do you mean by background programs?
If you just want a list of all processes, including background ones, as superuser type this command in a shell:
ps ax
if you want a whole pile of info use:
ps alx
Best Wishes
Pete
I like tkps. Not the prettiest thing in the world but it does list all of the running processes in a GUI. If launched as root a very powerful tool (obviously).
Oh, all the processes running...I gotcha now.If you're in KDE and you press Ctrl+Alt+Del it will give you a nice gui with all the processes running. It's like tops, but prettier.
![]()
For mzilikazi:
Could You tell me where the program is?
Thanks.
For Champagnemojo:
My computer restarts if I go for a CNTR+ALT+DEL!
Hmm...that's odd, but you can go into your KDE Shortcuts menu and fix that. It's in Regional & Accessibility in the Control Center. It should be the shortcut for Show Taskmanager.
And tops needs to be run in a console...just type tops...it's that easy.
x Champagnemojo:
I have knoppix 3.4. There is no such thing like "show taskmanager" where You've said.
Could You tell how to open a console? Do You mean root shell?
thanks
Go into Control Center...and find Regional & Accessibility. Then click on Keyboard Shortcuts. You're right though, the default for Ctrl+Alt+Del is Logout. I didn't remember that...sorry for telling you wrong there. Ctrl+Esc is the default for Show taskmanager...but I always like to change it to Ctrl+Alt+Del. Choose whichever shortcuts you like for those. The command for the "taskmanager" is kpm. In case you want to run it from a shell prompt within kde.Originally Posted by xaviers2002
And yes, by a console I mean a shell prompt. There's a shortcut to Konsole on the kicker. That's a fast way to get to a console within KDE.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Pentium J5005 8GB RAM 128GB SSD w/Power Win 10 LTSC
$62.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Lot Of (12) SKhynix 8Gb DDR4-3200AA Desktop Pc Ram/Memory (Used)
$399.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00