Not sure if this is what you wanted.....
To insert a driver use modprobe (as root of course):
modprobe mdc800
But hotplug *should* do that for you.
Hi. I`m new...
If I boot Knoppix 3.4 from CD and plug in my USB-Digicam annything works fine. -The Camera ist noticed as sbd1. If I made the HD-Installation in this condition I suppose after reboot from HD the USB-Camera will be noticed. My USB-Stick works fine this way.
The Problem: I only can Plugin one Thing (Camera or USB-Stick) while the Installation because I only got one USB-Slot.
While booting from CD I suppose the USB-Modul dc2xx (kodak) or mdc800 (mustek) is used with Hotplug.
My big Question: How can I Install one of the USB-Modules (kodak or mustek) after installing Knoppix (the way like debian) on HD. -In other cases my Installation works quite fine
Thanks for help![]()
Not sure if this is what you wanted.....
To insert a driver use modprobe (as root of course):
modprobe mdc800
But hotplug *should* do that for you.
If you want it loaded at each boot, add the module name to /etc/modules-$KERNERVERSION
Hotplug does what it wants to, especially for 2.6.n kernels

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99