-
Hard Drive Salvage from corrupted Windows XP NTFS drive
Here's the situation:
A couple of bored days ago, I had decided to try and make my guinea pig test drive, the old 12 gig SCSI IDE hard drive, which had Xandros Linux on it, into a game drive for a bunch of old Windows 98 games.
I had a main 80 gig Serial ATA drive with Windows XP installed on it too.
In spite of changing the boot sequence in BIOS to where only the Windows 98 CD ROM would boot and the old 12gig side kick hard drive would boot afterwards,
To make a long story cut to the chase and short, I managed to somehow corrupt the main hard drive so that Windows XP won't load anymore . . .
Worse, though the 80gig drive use to be mounted by the Knoppix 2.6.6 Kernel, now when I run Knoppix it just recognizes it with the icon
[hde1] but WON'T MOUNT.
It gives the error message:
"Could not mount device.
mount: I could not determine file system. None was specified"
-----------------------------------
Fortunately I've backed up all my real important files on a CD ROM I burnt before I did this experiment, but still would like to salvage some of the nifty downloads that weren't backed up on that 80 gig thing. ASAP
------------------
Similar Threads
-
By nmitchell in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:28 PM
-
By farlight in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
-
By virtualoverride in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 05:12 PM
-
By XPuser1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 08:12 AM
-
By itaydagani in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$111.30

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i
$16.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46