-
Senior Member
registered user
PERMISSION DENIED on java!!!
I don't know what I am doing wrong but everytime I try to install java I got an error: PERMISSION DENIED.
I did the installation once, but now is not working anymore. This is what I am doing: from root shell I type "chmod a-x 'file name'". Than ./'file name'
Thanks
-
I'm not a chmod expert, so your way may be valid too. But I've always made a file executable by using chmod +x file_name.
-
Senior Member
registered user
yes I have tryed that too, but it doesn't work!
I don't know where the problem is.
Thnak You for any advice!
-
Senior Member
registered user
This work for me, I download rpm based java installer than I convert it to debian using alien.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Could You give me more informations on how to do it? How does AlIEN work?
-
su (enter your password)
chmod 777 (file name)
or try apt-get install synaptic
install synaptic (graphic front end to apt)
under search filters look for (name and description) java
willl list a whole bunch of them
if not in your sources list
http://www.apt-get.org
has ton of unofficial apt sources
have modded my apt so dont remmeber if java came standard but after adding few i have just about every version available to install...
-
Senior Member
registered user
[quote]:
apt-get install synaptic
Unfortunately this is what I got: "E: Package synaptic has no installation candidate"!
-
What does your sources.list file look like? You should be able to find synaptic. Have you ever run apt-get update?
Also, alien is as simple as typing 'alien file_name.rpm' as root. Then you can install using dpkg...or you can add the -i tag and it will do that for you. Not all rpm's will work however.
-
In addition, you may want to try this as root:
Code:
apt-get install j2re1.4
-
Senior Member
registered user
X Champagnemojo:
Could You tell me how to take a look at sources.file?
I am doing the apt-get update right now.
Sorry this is my first step into linux world!
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Valhalla in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By relinguin in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 01:52 AM
-
By djoey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
-
By simple in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 05:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95