-
Can't get Knoppix to load on an IBM Thinkpad R40...
Hi guys: I'm new to the forum and new to Knoppix. Last night through to this morning, I successfully downloaded Knoppix and afterward transferred it to a CD. Since then, I have not been able to run it off my CD Drive. I went into the BIOS with the intent to set my CD Drive as the boot drive so I could boot Knoppix, but the CD Drive was already at the top. I then, for the heck of it, rearranged the order so the CD Drive was at the bottom. Still no changes. My machine wants to boot off Windows no matter what I do.
My machine is an IBM Thinkpad R40, and runs XP Pro. I'm thinking I need to create a floppy boot disk, but remain unsure where in Knoppix I can do the rawrite process to create the disk. Would anyone out there know the process to do this? Or would anyone know how I can successfully rearrange the boot order so that my machine will boot off the CD Drive?
Thanks for all your help.
Similar Threads
-
By n()()dle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By Medicate in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By macboy in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
-
By TimWhite in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 04:51 PM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00