-
Senior Member
registered user
gnome anyone?
Hi there. I am a staunch fan and faithful user of kanotix right now, but close enough to knoppix that I still hang here (think kissing cousin, a wee bit more debian, that's all
Have been on a regular update/upgradefest here. I run a 2.4.x kernel, do have a knoppix cd that I have played with 2.6 on. Disappointed (in 2.6, not knoppix).
Anyhow, I am also a kde fanatic. If you gonna go GUI you might as well pull out all the stops
But have been thinking about gnome lately. (yes, have run icewm and kind of liked it - also toying with the windowmaker). I was considering apt-getting the whole gnome lot. Thing is, I have seen a lot of posts in other linux forums that gnome may be a teensy bit possessive, some folks anyway have found it trying to take over the whole shebang.
Any experience among you in this area willing to lay some of your wisdom on me? I want to play with Gnome, NOT let it take over. KDE has behaved itself pretty well, I can put in an app or two without a major freakout and the only takeover it ever tried was KOffice over Open office (actually did like KO better, started faster) Anyhow, please give me the benefit of your thoughts and of your experience going about trying out gnome on a debian based install knoppix or kanotix. Much appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By CyberShadow in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 06:29 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By rmdnet in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 11:08 AM
-
By knoppix37672 in forum Ideas
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:14 AM
-
By Laurie in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$15.99

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99