-
strange (non-knoppix) networking problem (need help)
hi.
lately I've been having strange problems on my internet connection.
whenever I try to access a web site, I get "server timeout", and I have to reload for the page to load. this happnes regardless of what browser I use, and at any time of the day.
also, FTP connections hang on entering passive mode.
this isn't hardware problem, because on the same computer, running Knoppix, these problems are gone.
also, this isn't network problems, as other nodes on the same network don't have there problems either.
these got me to the conclusion that it has something to do with my settings, but I don't know what to look for...
my comp is an amd 700, with 256MB ram. it is connected to a win2k comp running dhcp (the win2k is connected to the internet, and is serving as my default gateway).
no firewall is running on either comp.
any clue?
Similar Threads
-
By rolfhub in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-05-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By BadgerKNX in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 06:11 AM
-
By bacinlinux in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 04:22 AM
-
By cmoser99 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 10:56 AM
-
By zirey in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 02:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99