nevermind... I got it.
Much as the title says Knoppix 3.4 (being ran from CD) won't detect my onboard lan (gigalan).
I'm a newb with anything Linux so I might just be overlooking something.
So far I've ran the network card detect utility thingy and it says there is no network adaptor.
Well I'm posting from the same computer under windows XP so I'm fairly certain there is.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
nevermind... I got it.
# modprobe sk98lin #load modules
# pump -i eth0 #DHCP client

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
$153.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset
$64.99
Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP
$800.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95
DELL PRO SMART DOCK SD25 (MPN:210-BRQC)
$290.00