Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Debian 3 deb CDs usable with hdinstall ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    freddY
    Guest

    Debian 3 deb CDs usable with hdinstall ?

    I wonder if I will be able to use Debian 3 deb CDsif I install knoppix on my harddrive. I want this because Knoppix has a newer version of KDE, and it's easier to install, and the Debain 3 CDs have a hell of a lot of packages I'd like to try .

    Is this possible without major hadaches ?

    Thanks.

    freddY

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10

    no problem

    try apt-setup
    apt-get install programxy

  3. #3
    freddy
    Guest
    Well, I do not have the Debian 3 CDs to try this. I will only buy them if this will work.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    3
    The packages from the Debian 3.0rX CD-ROMs ought to work fine. I myself am running Knoppix 3.1 hard-disk install on two PCs, and I've been using packages from the online woody, sarge, and sid repositories with no problems. The packages on the CD-ROMs are identical to the ones in the woody repository.

  5. #5
    freddY
    Guest
    OK. I'll get that 7CD Debain 3 Set then.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. dvd rom seen but not usable
    By helios17 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 06:55 PM
  2. knoppix -> debian-like -> debian
    By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  4. HOWTO fix debian or knoppix/debian for Russian fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
  5. Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font [Knoppix DVD-Edition]
    By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard  picture

Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard

$249.95



Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s picture

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s

$169.99



Compaq Presario 5BW284: Intel Pentium III, 40GB HD, 256MB Ram [Windows 98SE] picture

Compaq Presario 5BW284: Intel Pentium III, 40GB HD, 256MB Ram [Windows 98SE]

$169.99



Vintage Collector Gold Cap chip board (ME) picture

Vintage Collector Gold Cap chip board (ME)

$300.00



Sylvania Smartbook SYNET07526 7

Sylvania Smartbook SYNET07526 7" Netbook WIN CE Notebook Computer Boxed Vintage

$33.77



Intel C1702AD White ceramic vintage collectable chip  ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

Intel C1702AD White ceramic vintage collectable chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$250.00



Vintage Gold Cap chip collector board (ME) picture

Vintage Gold Cap chip collector board (ME)

$200.00



Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working picture

Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working

$50.00



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00