-
KDE not starting
Autodetect works fine. KDE will not start, get error stating "couldn't start kdeinit. Check your installation."
I tried redownloading and burning. I get the same results on 2 different computers, one athlon based the other a Thinkpad T23. Gnome works but I was wondering if this is a known problem or just something I did.
Using Knoppix v3.1 2002-12-11-en.iso.
-
Same Problem
I had a problem with that version also. Try version dated 12-12 and that should take care of it. I found that it was better to FTP as opposed to HTTP. It could be something peculiar to my setup, you never know.
After switching the KDE ran fine!
Similar Threads
-
By elitekid in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 02:45 AM
-
By bayers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 05:17 AM
-
By brlund in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:19 AM
-
By fkbangun in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:33 AM
-
By DavidTempler in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45
$49.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99