I had a problem with that version also. Try version dated 12-12 and that should take care of it. I found that it was better to FTP as opposed to HTTP. It could be something peculiar to my setup, you never know.
After switching the KDE ran fine!
Autodetect works fine. KDE will not start, get error stating "couldn't start kdeinit. Check your installation."
I tried redownloading and burning. I get the same results on 2 different computers, one athlon based the other a Thinkpad T23. Gnome works but I was wondering if this is a known problem or just something I did.
Using Knoppix v3.1 2002-12-11-en.iso.
I had a problem with that version also. Try version dated 12-12 and that should take care of it. I found that it was better to FTP as opposed to HTTP. It could be something peculiar to my setup, you never know.
After switching the KDE ran fine!

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851
$435.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$135.00
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00