Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Knoppix on dvd

  1. #11

    Knoppix on DVD-RW!

    ALRIGHT!!! After my early failure with DVD-RAM disks I decided to try my new DVD-Multi Drive with a DVD-RW disk just as someone (mjd) suggested. Obviously it worked because I am running my system off the drive right now. Thanks again to mjd for giving me the information about the software (DVD-Decryptor) and the DVD-RW disks.

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    20

    Re: Knoppix on DVD-RW!

    Quote Originally Posted by georgestubbs
    ALRIGHT!!! After my early failure with DVD-RAM disks I decided to try my new DVD-Multi Drive with a DVD-RW disk just as someone (mjd) suggested. Obviously it worked because I am running my system off the drive right now. Thanks again to mjd for giving me the information about the software (DVD-Decryptor) and the DVD-RW disks.
    So the larger an image is the slower access to the image is???

    I'm sure someone will be hacking on cloop to get rid of this issue.

    Putting a standard Knoppix image onto DVD might speed up access though, as fast DVD-ROMs have a higher transfer rate than recent CD-ROMs. If Nx means the same read speed as it does write speed, than a 4x DVD has the same transfer rate as a 40x CD-ROM (approximately). Most modern DVD drives are 8x or more, and at least the 4X drives are CLV (or CLV-capable. The Pioneer DVR-105 records CLV - It maintains 4x for the entire disc when recording.) You might speed access times since the head doesn't have to seek as much on a smaller medium.

    BTW, there are patches to cdrecord that allow DVD recording under Linux. Stay away from the dvdrecord project - Their mkisofs is horribly broken and dvdrecord doesn't work with Pioneer DVR-105s unless using media present in the 105's media table. ($$$). The patch against cdrecord 2.0 that I use is somewhere on www.crashrecovery.org

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    Re: Knoppix on DVD

    Don't know much about this matter, but why would you need DVD-Decryptor to copy to a DVD-Ram? I just drag/copy-paste in WindowsXP.

    OTOH, I've never managed to get Knoppix to use a DVD-Ram...

    Quote Originally Posted by georgestubbs
    It works! I have my Knoppix 3.2 on a 1.45Gb 8cm mini DVD. I couldn't get the DVD-RAM to work with DVD-Decryptor though. Is there a problem with DVD-RAM and DVD-Decryptor. I checked their site and there doesn't seem to be any info about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper EX4100-H-12MP and Din Rail Kit only picture

Juniper EX4100-H-12MP and Din Rail Kit only

$3500.00



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP picture

Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP

$49.99



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB picture

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB

$285.00



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99