-
How 2 install Knpx over Mandrake on dual-boot XP/Linux HDD
I've tried a number of Linux distributions on my Toshiba Satellite 1405-s151, but they have not done well. Most didn't even install, except minimally. I did, however, manage to resize the Windows NTFS partition (which I am going to keep, because I like Windows XP) with QTParted and create the correct Linux partitions in the space left over. A minimal Mandrake distribution now resides on the HDD, but it is pretty useless (can't connect to the internet, for example). Now I want to install Knoppix (which can). When I go through the installation process, however, it tells me that there is no free space. I'm assuming that I'm going to have to uninstall Mandrake and give that space over to Knoppix. That would be my preference, anyway.
Can I do this in an easy, simple, kind, newbie way that won't damage the boot loader (will it scream when it finds that Mandrake is gone? How will I tell it that Knoppix is now there?) but will still get Knoppix onto my hard drive?
Similar Threads
-
By Killswitch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 01:51 PM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By pakux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 03:09 PM
-
By \/\/inblowz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By cannedmushrooms in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00