-
Well, I've got that far, but that's where I balk. When I run "knoppix-installer" I get three mysterious reports:
No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.
No Implementation: This ext2 filesystem has a rather strange layout! Parted can't resize this (yet).
[Then the very same line again]
I'm presuming that I can ignore this, since knoppix is simply having problems recognizing ext3.
I'm then brought into the "Knoppix Partition-Menu" where I'm given the choce to partition the hard disk. I do so, and qtparted v.0.4.4 opens. When I click on /dev/hda, I get the partition setup for the drive, and it shows me the current partitions, which are
/dev/hda1 ntfs 18GB
/dev/hda2 ext3 101 MB (/boot)
/dev/hda3 ext3 9GB
/dev/hda4 extended
/dev/hda5 linux-swap
[the above is a slightly abbreviated account of the report]
My problem is - now what? My options seem to be limited to deleting the ext3 partitions. I'm happy to do this, I suppose, but where does that leave the boot loader, which still believes that Mandrake resides on those partitions? I'm using GRUB, by the way, on hda1. And if I delete those partitions, will knoppix then proceed to load itself there? If so, then great, but if not, what disaster will unfold?
My version of Knoppix seems to be the latest, by the way - 3.4
Thanks for the advice so far
Similar Threads
-
By Killswitch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 01:51 PM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By pakux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 03:09 PM
-
By \/\/inblowz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By cannedmushrooms in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion
$115.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99