Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Forum upgrade

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Ok, default theme is back. (if you want that blue one, you can set it in your profile page )

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Ahh, perfection
    And as baldyeti well put it, thanks for providing this forum for all of us.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Sweet Eadz,

    I had the pleasure of coming into the forums last night, and seeing the "transition" - That blue "kde-like" look was, let say, very COOL, and the whole site was running, shall we say, extremelly fast. I barely had a chance to "guzzle" a drink of coffee before the page I asked to be displayed was up, now thats fast...

    You must have found some "coding" loops, or something, in this new version [?]

    As for the "new look" on the forums, I came in this morning, and the look was gone, i.e. back the way it was before - I kinda thought it had a more "polished" and "professional" look-n-feel to it - glad to see you kept it as an "option" in our "profiles" - it sure blows away the forums I used to "run around" in, in Windows...

    And the speed of the site, and pages being displayed is really nice... Unfortunatelly, with this increase of pages being displayed, it is cutting down on the amount of my coffee intake... ( this could have catastrophic reprocusions here [giggle] )

    Thanks Eadz, for the forums, and for your tireless work on keeping them "up to date", and lookin good ( not to mention, the "cutting-edge" of the sites displays )

    Ms. Cuddles

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    I like the blue one fine, but the old one seems just a little bit different from everyone else's phpBB forum. To me, the blue one just looks like everyone else's generic. The main problem I have with the blue is that it doesn't have tabs at the top. I do my best to help newbies with basic questions (being completely inadequate in my own knowledge to more challenging issues). Consequently, I would often direct them to answers in the WIKI and buglist. If they are running the blue version, they will have no idea WTH I'm yammering about, and will be less likely to look things up on their own. If you're keeping the blue as an alternative, would it be too much trouble to integrate similar tabs across the top to assist in helping others out?

    Thanks for maintaining what is undoubtedly the best linux forum I've seen, to match the best distro I've encountered.

    jd

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
    I like the blue one fine, but the old one seems just a little bit different from everyone else's phpBB forum. To me, the blue one just looks like everyone else's generic. The main problem I have with the blue is that it doesn't have tabs at the top.
    Got them now.

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    I have two wishes, which aren't new to this update, but I use the opportunity:

    a) The default-font is very small, so I have to hit (Ctrl-+) and (Ctrl--) in my browser, joining and leaving the knoppix-forum. Setting my prefered font-size in my personal settings would be great.

    b) When I 'mark all topics read' I get a 'putting you back to knoppix:networking' or whatever category I'm in.
    Now: usually, I don't want to browse any further in that section, after marking it 'all read', and guess most other users will leave the so marked section too.
    Couldn't we be moved to the main-forum-overview instead?

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    Ok, default theme is back. (if you want that blue one, you can set it in your profile page )
    The 2 choices for themes in the profile section:

    Morpheous and fiplain are not the theme that I was using before the upgrade.

    Any chance of getting the original original board theme back?

    Thank you in adance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. No other Forum to put this...
    By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2026, 11:35 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
  3. Forum name
    By Snow in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 04:38 PM
  4. problem using apt-get with upgrade/dist-upgrade
    By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00