Ahh, perfection![]()
And as baldyeti well put it, thanks for providing this forum for all of us.
Ok, default theme is back. (if you want that blue one, you can set it in your profile page )
Ahh, perfection![]()
And as baldyeti well put it, thanks for providing this forum for all of us.
Sweet Eadz,
I had the pleasure of coming into the forums last night, and seeing the "transition" - That blue "kde-like" look was, let say, very COOL, and the whole site was running, shall we say, extremelly fast. I barely had a chance to "guzzle" a drink of coffee before the page I asked to be displayed was up, now thats fast...
You must have found some "coding" loops, or something, in this new version [?]
As for the "new look" on the forums, I came in this morning, and the look was gone, i.e. back the way it was before - I kinda thought it had a more "polished" and "professional" look-n-feel to it - glad to see you kept it as an "option" in our "profiles" - it sure blows away the forums I used to "run around" in, in Windows...
And the speed of the site, and pages being displayed is really nice... Unfortunatelly, with this increase of pages being displayed, it is cutting down on the amount of my coffee intake... ( this could have catastrophic reprocusions here [giggle] )
Thanks Eadz, for the forums, and for your tireless work on keeping them "up to date", and lookin good( not to mention, the "cutting-edge" of the sites displays )
Ms. Cuddles
I like the blue one fine, but the old one seems just a little bit different from everyone else's phpBB forum. To me, the blue one just looks like everyone else's generic. The main problem I have with the blue is that it doesn't have tabs at the top. I do my best to help newbies with basic questions (being completely inadequate in my own knowledge to more challenging issues). Consequently, I would often direct them to answers in the WIKI and buglist. If they are running the blue version, they will have no idea WTH I'm yammering about, and will be less likely to look things up on their own. If you're keeping the blue as an alternative, would it be too much trouble to integrate similar tabs across the top to assist in helping others out?
Thanks for maintaining what is undoubtedly the best linux forum I've seen, to match the best distro I've encountered.
jd
Got them now.Originally Posted by j.drake
![]()
I have two wishes, which aren't new to this update, but I use the opportunity:
a) The default-font is very small, so I have to hit (Ctrl-+) and (Ctrl--) in my browser, joining and leaving the knoppix-forum. Setting my prefered font-size in my personal settings would be great.
b) When I 'mark all topics read' I get a 'putting you back to knoppix:networking' or whatever category I'm in.
Now: usually, I don't want to browse any further in that section, after marking it 'all read', and guess most other users will leave the so marked section too.
Couldn't we be moved to the main-forum-overview instead?
The 2 choices for themes in the profile section:Originally Posted by eadz
Morpheous and fiplain are not the theme that I was using before the upgrade.
Any chance of getting the original original board theme back?
Thank you in adance.

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 32 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2630 v3, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1685.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1785.00
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99