Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Forum upgrade

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818

    Forum upgrade

    Had to do an upgrade on PHPBB, hope everything is working. And things should be a bit faster now..

    Also PM is enabled. This new theme is temporary and I will work to get the old design back for those who want it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    testing

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Seems to work

    If you have any issues, you may need to delete your cookies from www.knoppix.net and try logging in again

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Kudos! It certainly seems fast.
    Is it just my imagination or did the 'preview' and 'submit' buttons swap places? Not that it matters much compaired to increasing speed.
    Erm, I think I'll just wait for the old theme to make a comeback, sort of got used to it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Nice, seamless upgrade as it should; thanks eadz for creating and taking care of this site.

    Did I simply not notice before, or did you also just restore the latest posts list on the front page? If that doesn't tax the server too much, wouldn't it be a good idea to make that list slightly longer, say 20 entries or so ... Just a suggestion, of course.

    BTW, I don't mind the new theme at all, it even looks more kde-ish to me..

    Cheers,

    --bald


    PS: funny, I just noticed that http://www.knoppix.net/forum/index.php shows the new skin, whereas http://www.knoppix.net still has the old one...

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    I'm just not used to it yet. But I did notice that the tabs at the top are missing. How does one find the WIKI and buglist, download mirrors, etc?

    jd

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    76
    great, now i dont have to login everytime i come. Nice theme too.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3
    If you try to post as guest the register link actually makes you register at PHP5 Forum Forums.

    I had to register clicking in the link at the top of the page.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
    I'm just not used to it yet. But I did notice that the tabs at the top are missing. How does one find the WIKI and buglist, download mirrors, etc?

    jd
    Yes I still have to add those links.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by baldyeti
    Did I simply not notice before, or did you also just restore the latest posts list on the front page? If that doesn't tax the server too much, wouldn't it be a good idea to make that list slightly longer, say 20 entries or so ... Just a suggestion, of course.
    The list is on the forum not on the knoppix.net homepage. I might be able to add the list back to the homepage at some stage.

    BTW, I don't mind the new theme at all, it even looks more kde-ish to me..
    Yeah I like it as well but some people might prefer the old one..

    PS: funny, I just noticed that http://www.knoppix.net/forum/index.php shows the new skin, whereas http://www.knoppix.net still has the old one...
    The main site does not have a skin as such, just that the forum had one which looked the same as the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. No other Forum to put this...
    By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2026, 11:35 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
  3. Forum name
    By Snow in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 04:38 PM
  4. problem using apt-get with upgrade/dist-upgrade
    By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black picture

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black

$20.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone picture

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone

$55.00



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95