-
Junior Member
registered user
Where is the terminal server script located?
I'd like to take a crack at editing it manually. I finally decided to do a hard drive install and the whole purpose was to see how it would affect performance on the terminal server. And as I discovered, the script doesn't work for a hard drive install. And yes, I'm aware that it is possible to trick it by using the compressed CD image copied to the hard drive, but that seems to be defeating the purpose if I'm looking for better performance.
Furtermore, it's not just better performance I'm after. I'm also hoping to apply the badmem kernel patch so I can run terminals that use up my fairly huge collection of bad RAM modules.
So, it's really in my best interests to get the terminal server working with the hard drive install. If somebody could just help me out with a pointer on where to look for the script, I'd be much obliged.
-
Senior Member
registered user
/usr/sbin/knoppix-terminalserver
-
Junior Member
registered user
If you get this working please poste how !
( eventually the script or the changes ? )
i was serching if someone did this already for a while
but only found those hints to use the copyied cd image ...
maybe this is the most importand thing missing from the
harddrive installed version ....
Similar Threads
-
By steve2004 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 11:37 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By cybervet in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:44 PM
-
By hacker66868 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:35 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

LENOVO THINKPAD X13 YOGA GEN 1 [email protected] 8GB RAM 256SSD BKLIT BT CAM TOUCH
$189.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50