-
Senior Member
registered user
Revolving Door Graphical Login
Hi;
I powered down my computer in the appropiate fashion ( "halt" from root ).
When I booted back up a message came onto the screen saying that hda1 had been mounted 34 times without a check......a check ran. ( incrementing percentages as a "\" revolved around).
Once the graphical login prompt came up I tried logging into icewm, but I would come right back to the graphical login prompt.
The same has been true for every other window manager.
For some reason if I try KDE it takes me back to a command prompt.
Any ideas how this problem happened and how I can prevent it?
Luckily, I haven't settled into knoppix yet so reinstalling wouldn't cause a hardship.
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By bgsneeze in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 03:27 PM
-
By shayl6 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 11:39 PM
-
By koma in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 08:04 AM
-
By mystical_kakarot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 01:50 PM
-
By jmrizz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Genuine Brother TN310Y Yellow Toner Cartridge - Open Box - Vacuum Sealed
$37.99

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15