-
Attaching midi keyboard/synthesizer
I have a Yamaha SY77 synthesizer which I would like to access via Midi on Knoppix but I can't figure out how to get Linux/Knoppix to see it as a device nor sort out which program(s) can read/transmit midi data to/from the SY77.
It is connected to the computer via a RS232/Midi adapter on the computer's COM2: port.
I've tried a couple of program on the Knoppix distribution but they don't "see" the SY77.
Rosegarden's Midi setup has the device set to /dev/sequencer and there seems to be no way to change it - even if I knew what to change it to.
I've also downloaded a couple of sequencing programs but they don't see the keyboard either. One of them complains that it can't find /dev/snd/seq.
Can someone help me get this working please?
What I was hoping to do eventually was to convert a C program I wrote for my Amiga which can aid in the editing of voices. If I can find a program which actually "sees" the SY77 I can probably then figure out how to convert my own program.
Best Wishes
Pete
Similar Threads
-
By rsq1963 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:13 PM
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By francisgirard in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By skryche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Console 100% Tested Working
$500.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25