-
Junior Member
registered user
Help! Can't access Knoppix.
I installed another system on a lin partition (Mandrake) which has been removed. Anyhow, now the lilo gui shows up and when I click on it instead of the Knoppix loading I get this:
initrd-tools: 0.1.67
mount: fs type devfs not supported by Kernel
umount: devfs: not mounted
mount: fs type devfs not supported by Kernel
umount: devfs: not mounted
chroot: /sbin/init: no such file or directory
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
All of this, of course, after I tried to reinstll lilo to the hda4 root partition.
Can anyone help steer me the right direction?
I can access the partition with the knoppix 3.4 disk, the partition and all info is there, I just can't access it.
tia
pgk
Similar Threads
-
By davidev in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 12:28 PM
-
By MannyLNJ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By ghofmann in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 12:51 PM
-
By rowck001 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By stevethayne in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop
$299.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00