Actually, Thunderbird's interface looks suspiciously like....Mozilla Mail's interface (gee, wonder why that is). It only resembles Outlook's email component (Outlook does a whole lot more than just email).

For the record, I think Outlook is a pretty good email client. (Yes, you read that right.) It may not be terribly intuitive, but neither are the other Windows clients I've tried (Pegasus and Eudora). And at least it doesn't have windows popping up and floating all over the place. (MDIs? Barf.)

But -- it's time to take it to the next level and import my Outlook email into Thunderbird on Linux (so that I will no longer have to boot into Windows to get to my main email account). So far, it looks like I'm going to have to take the tedious step of installing Thunderbird for Windows, importing my Outlook mail into Thunderbird/Win, and then copying that mail to Thunderbird/Linux.

It'd be very nice if the Thunderbird developers put the same Outlook import function into the Linux version that they put into the Windows version.