-
Boot freeze on Pavilion ze4610US
Okay, I've got Knoppix 3.4 burned and working, but I can't get it to boot my HP Pavilion laptop on anything other than failsafe. I've searched these forums and tried the stuff that seems to have worked for others, but not working for me. Here's what's going on:
Knoppix boot screen loads, it hit enter and first 2 lines load, "minirt24.gz.....", then screen blanks out and nothing. CD access stops and nothing.
I've tried the following boot cheatcodes so far:
fb1024x768
knoppix screen=1024x768
nodma
nodma nopcmcia noapm
and a few other cheatcodes that looked like they'd be helpful but I can't remember.
Anyone gotten knoppix 3.4 to boot with this laptop?
Thanks,
Jason
-
Booting Knoppix 3.4 on HP/Compaq
I'm getting the same symptoms with a Presario 2175US. Knoppix 3.3 works like a charm -
just hit <cr> at the boot prompt and everything just works.
I have noticed that while I can boot in failsafe mode, my X display is corrupted --- just about 2" or random color hash along the top of the screen.
Any help deeply appreciated.
Thanks,
Charlie
-
you're not alone..
i wish i had a fix, but i can only say that i have the same exact problem..
i have an hp pavilion ze4600 .. 3.2 and 3.3 work great, even on hd...
if i boot in failsafe and let it sit, it will eventually bring up the full splash and the kde dialog, but it freezes and disables all buttons - even my cdrom eject.
i had to take the battery out to get it to stop - ouch..
i've checked the checksum of my iso and it's fine. suppose this is a bug.. i've just read that there are "a couple of new steps" concerning the hw-detection ( ironically this is why i wanted 3.4 so much, for a wireless card..)
please post any fix!!! thanks.
-
To boot up in Knoopix put in 'knoppix acpi=no' (no quotes) This should allow you to boot up
-
I have currently installed on my ze4610us Knoppix 3.4. I encountered the same problem. Now I use the 2.6 kernel and this is the boot prompt cheatcodes i used to get this to run.
knoppix26 apm=off nolapic noscsi momce acpi=on
The nolapic is needed so acpi will work. What's happening o theboot that hangs is that it is looking for a scsi device that is obviously not there. BTW this only startedhappening on this laptop with knoppix 3.4, Knoppix 3.3 did not have this happen. And yes it still happens with 3.6 BTW
Hope this helps.
-
I was having the same problem running 3.6 on my ZE4800 pavillion, I used:
knoppix26 nolapic
at the boot and it worked just fine. Now im having wireless problems but I at least can boot up.
-
I am getting the same problem. After knoppix boots, the screen goes blanks. I've tried typing the cheatcodes that are here and some others on some other sites. The only one that ever does anything is the vga=normal and all that happens then is it will say "uncompressed kenral" something like that and then will just sit there. does anybody know a fix for this?
Similar Threads
-
By rvijay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 05:11 AM
-
By acemilo in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 12:26 PM
-
By Rockstar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 01:18 AM
-
By morder in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 03:51 PM
-
By Juzam in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 11:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99