-
Need help. Im AFRAID
Hello- Im a really really a newbie at this. Please bare with me.
I have had read every single article, docs, etc... and still Im confused.
If someone here could give me a detailed outline step-by-step on how to do this then I would appreciate it, really.
Currently, Im running Windows 2000 with a 34.00GB Hdd (NTFS) and I want to install Knoppix 3.4 on the hardrive. Its really annoying to pop in the CD every time I want to use Knoppix.
Now when knoppix 3.4 boots up what do I have to type? knoppix-install or knx-hdinstall? When the partitioning part comes up, do I need to use like P-Magic to create one or will this installer do everything for me like resizing and stuff like that??? That would be nice. Also, how would I create a boot loader in order to have an option of booting into Windows or Knoppix?
So please, I need like a detailed outline on how to set this up. At this point Im very scared of ruining my machine.
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00