-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you looked at partitioning and file systems yet? You know you can't install Linux to NTFS, right?
Search the forum for a thread started by a fellow with the screen name ruymbeke (I'd find it for you, but I have to leave on vacation in a few moments) He saved the Knoppix image to his NTFS drive as a file and booted it somehow with a bootloader that Windows understands. He signs off with the name Gilles. I had some posts in his thread also. [EDIT] Here it is http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=53357#53357 [/edit] Essentially, it is very low risk for someone with limited linux experience, but gives really good functionality. The key is using the bootcodes "tohd" to copy the image to HD, and "fromhd" to reload from hd.
If you use that booting from CD, it's called a poor man's install, and is much faster, and makes your CD available for other things. [EDIT] Here's a post I made regarding that option. Just read down to where I asked for help with the USB, and it will tell you how. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=53064#53064 [/edit]
I would recommend searching around for some of these posts and learn about these other options first.
jd
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019
$274.99