Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Overcloking...

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    124

    Overcloking...

    I was trying to overclock my box but my hardrive did some some mistakes. I now I have:"KERNEL PANIC: VFS: UNABLE TO MOUNT ROOT FS ON 03:02"
    THANK YOU.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hi,

    You reallly need to be more specific. What did you do exactly? AMD overclock? Intel? Did you try jumpers on your motherboard (BIOS or hard)? Do you, no offence, KNOW how to overclock correctly? What else does the harddrive do? Is this a kernel problem i.e. you compiled for on e CPU and the overclock makes it a different one (Duron vs Athlon)?

    Answer the abov equestions and then try the forum at overclockers.com for help also.

    AdriMagnon

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    124
    The system is a celeron overclocked from BIOS on the FSB only!
    I have not compiled any kernel, so they are linux 2.4.

    When the FSB was high the system was not able to boot. However I've fixed the FSB, now is on default. What I would like to know is how to get knoppix back without going for a reinstallation.
    I know that there is a way, and this is way I am asking.

    Thank You.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Rowallan Scotland Vintage Genuine Leather Briefcase/Messenger Bag 3-Piece Set picture

Rowallan Scotland Vintage Genuine Leather Briefcase/Messenger Bag 3-Piece Set

$399.00



Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse picture

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse

$159.95



Compaq 7550 17

Compaq 7550 17" CRT Retro Gaming Monitor PE1160-FS7550 VGA Vintage 2003 WORKING

$279.99



Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM picture

Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM

$275.00



Vintage Plextor CD-ROM Drive PX-32TSI TLA # 0303 April 1999 picture

Vintage Plextor CD-ROM Drive PX-32TSI TLA # 0303 April 1999

$69.00



Vintage DataArm RBX Ergonomic Computer Arm Supports Desk Mount Pair Wrist Rests picture

Vintage DataArm RBX Ergonomic Computer Arm Supports Desk Mount Pair Wrist Rests

$99.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter

$55.00



Vintage Lot of 21 PC Computer PC CD-ROM Video Games Assorted Titles UNTESTED picture

Vintage Lot of 21 PC Computer PC CD-ROM Video Games Assorted Titles UNTESTED

$79.99



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor  Other picture

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other

$299.99