Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cron

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    9

    Cron

    I have been trying for days to get one script to run under cron every hour.
    If I add it into the system cron file, the root users's cronfile, the knoppix user cronfile, or add a script to the cron.hourly folder, they don't run. I started the cron deamon, but still no luck.
    I am sure that the syntax I used for the cronfile is correct because this works on my hd installation.
    I have run out of possiblilities, any suggestions are welcome

    - Robbert

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92
    Is your call in /etc/crontab ?

    You'll also be able to test this on your remaster before you compress. Just mount proc and start up cron, and it should work.

    I suggest putting an '"echo `date`" >> /tmp/crontest' to test. Set that to run every minute

    * * * * * root '"echo `date`" >> /tmp/crontest'

    I believe.

    Good luck,

    -a

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    I'm not sure to which version it belongs, but sometimes you're told to edit the crontab with
    Code:
    crontab -e
    (-e like edit).

    Perhaps you have to set your prefered editor first.
    For commandline:
    Code:
    export EDITOR=mcedit
    export VISUAL=mcedit
    don't know which is used.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with ntpdate by cron
    By michael.doepper in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 03:13 PM
  2. "Cron" jobs? Questions/issues/errors...
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:28 PM
  3. Does cron and shaper need to be started?
    By Markus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:27 PM
  4. cron
    By punk000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:21 PM
  5. unknown cron job
    By tegan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72