-
Red Hat software installed by Knoppix - sndconfig utility
I've had problems getting my HD installation to retain the info re. my soundcard. Knoppix off CD finds it w/o problem, and retains the info for the session's activities. Debian SID seems to find the info - but, I'm not 100% sure of this, since the messages go whipping past on the screen so quickly; long, scrolling list as it does its stuff. Once into the session, I find that the system doesn't have any soundcard logged in as available.
I tried fixing this via using keypress during boot, to get the boot to do a soundcard search & configuration; it seems to work(?), but it's hard to be sure. It's not there when the session is in-progress.
I tried using Ctrl-Alt-F1 & logging in as root to use sndconfig. I get logged in okay, and the sndconfig utility starts up okay - but, when I have it search, it can't find the soundcard. Going to pick from the list, I find it prepped w/ the correct card as the default item highlighted. Selecting that, and proceeding, it fails. Gives me a "segmentation fault" or "segmentation failure" error. Last time I tried this, I noticed that the sndconfig program I'm using bears the Red Hat copyright. The only way that program could be in there, is if the Knoppix installation program put it there.
Any ideas how I can fix this and have my soundcard properly registered for use during sessions?
Thanks in advance, for any help.
Similar Threads
-
By bela in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
-
By tukonii in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By awreneau in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 06:33 AM
-
By tweety77 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 09:27 AM
-
By PsycoX in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99