Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: graphicscard and monitor used by knoppix(how can i find out)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    10

    graphicscard and monitor used by knoppix(how can i find out)

    I wanted to find out, which graphics-card to choose for the x-server to use with.

    When I start Knoppix with my computer it recognizes everything I think because I can start KDE and so on.


    How can I find out, which graphicscard and monitor was choosen and is used by knoppix? I watched the XF86config-4 but couldn't find it.

    Thank you for your help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Try lsmod on konsole. It will display or modules installed, including your display adapter.

    Other option is to try this command:
    cat /proc/pci

    To check what driver loaded/detected by knoppix:
    /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
    read while it loads, you will see what hardware it detects.

    or you can press ctrl+alt+F1 to see the verbose mode of what has been detected when booting, same as above. Remember to press ctrl+alt+F7 to return back to KDE.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    10
    thank you very much!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Of course you could always just read /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mzilikazi
    Of course you could always just read /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.
    Yes, meanwhile I figured that out. And I just copied the XF86Config-4 and XF86Config to the /etc/X11 directory of the computer from which I didn't know the graphicscard. And it worked.

    After that I watched the content of the files and know I'm a bit into it.


    But I still don't know the difference between those two files (XF86Config and XF86Config-4). Can you tell me? Are they both necessary?

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix und Touchscreen Monitor
    By tedersl in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 08:57 AM
  2. Messed up monitor after using Knoppix.
    By audax.a in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 03:22 AM
  3. knoppix without a monitor
    By ehmdjii in forum General Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 07:27 PM
  4. Monitor shuts down? Trying Knoppix
    By biscuits91 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
  5. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB picture

Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB

$875.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50