-
Junior Member
registered user
The Rest of the Story
Well, I tried booting from LiveCd with nofstab but I got an error message (I don't remember the message now.) So I booted again with the failsafe mode. Cfdisk showed only one partition, hda1, which is my Win98 "C" disk. Not much help, but someone had suggested that the stall was being caused by a problem reading some device. And as I mentioned in a prior message, I have a Smart Card reader and an HP T1000e tape drive that are a little unusual.
Anyway, I put a card in the Smart Media reader and the LiveCD booted without a stall at fstab! So, for some reason, the boot process was stalling because there was no media in the reader. Cfdisk still shows only hda1, but the desktop shows both cdroms, my floppy, hda1, hdb1 and sda1. Hdb1 is my WinXP "D" drive with NTFS file system. Sda1 is my Smart Card reader which Knoppix is apparently "seeing" as a SCSI drive.
Thanks for all of the help on this problem.
jimbo
Similar Threads
-
By drdjnicholls in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By sham in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By basa in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By mentalalien2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:09 AM
-
By chrsjav in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial 16GB DDR4 3200MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM Memory Module CT16G4SFRA32A.C8FF
$55.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz CL22 Desktop Memory CT2K16G4DFRA32A
$124.99

64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz Sk Hynix RAM 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA HMAA4GS6CJR8N-XN
$310.00

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM Intel XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16D
$75.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module KCP424SD8/16
$55.00