Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cd rom troubles

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6

    Cd rom troubles

    Hi, im relative new to linux, but i think i know what mount command is about..
    I have installed knoppix on my laptop with knx2hd i think its called.
    Im running kernel 2.6, it finds my cdrom drive, but i cant mount it,
    its a cd-rw/dvd combo, and when the system boots up, it finds the drive,
    but i cant put a cd in and mount it ? it tells me that theres no such device ?

    HEELP!! thx

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    8
    I also have that problem...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8

    Re: Cd rom troubles

    I had something similiar. Looked in my /etc/fstab and found it was using /dev/cdrom which linked to /dev/scd0. Then I "dmesg | grep cd" and was told my cd was /dev/hdc. So i changed /dev/cdrom to point to /dev/hdc.

    Do that and see what your startup says and try "mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /cdrom"(replace hdc with your device). To make that permanent, modify /etc/fstab or recreate /dev/cdrom link to point to right device.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hi, guys.

    I have some problems with my cdrom drivers. Well, I have a Combo drive and a normal cd-rom driver. They are /dev/hdc and /dev/hdd respectively. In my /etc/fstab I have these two lines:
    /dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    /dev/cdrom1 /cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    and /dev/cdrom? are simbolic links two /dev/hdc and hdd.

    When I try to mount them I received to both the following message:
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
    or too many mounted file systems
    (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
    ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
    What ca I do?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6

    got it

    well, i found out that my drive was called sr0, so
    mount /dev/sr0 /etc/cdrom
    works fine for me it even plays dvd´s

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    8
    It didnt work with me, everytime I change my fstab it always automatically points to /dev/auto/cdrom ....and I cant change that because everytime I boot it goes back to that

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    If you did a knoppix style hd install it recreates the fstab at every boot.
    You could try adding nofstab to the append line in /etc/lilo.conf and run the command lilo -v to update it.

Similar Threads

  1. wifi troubles
    By roc in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 07:00 PM
  2. Boot troubles! :'-(
    By ayeyen in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 06:02 PM
  3. soundcard troubles
    By tumultuoustranquility in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 03:16 AM
  4. ok, it's on my hd, I have app-get troubles. a better way?
    By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
  5. USB troubles
    By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99