Need more information about your system.
It could happen if you have a corrupted cd data.
You could try this cheatcode first;
knoppix26 noscsi nodma
after a long week of downloading Knoppix 3.4, I got the image burned, I rebooted my computer, with the CD in the CD-ROM drive, BIOS read the CD, went to the boot loader for Knoppix, I hit enter, and it came up with this error after about 10 seconds:
after reading all the cheatcodes, I tried using the experimental kernel 2.6 and it came up with the same error, only after starting to boot, detected hardware, but when trying to mount it says the same error, any help onto how I could boot Knoppix?Code:Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 1:03
Need more information about your system.
It could happen if you have a corrupted cd data.
You could try this cheatcode first;
knoppix26 noscsi nodma
corrupted cd data? like a bad download? if not then it probably isn't corrupted cd data, I burned it twice, once on a CD-R, and once on a CD-RW, would using Alcohol 120% to burn the ISO to the CD have anything to do with it?
and I will try the "knoppix26 noscsi nodma"
thanks
after trying "knoppix26 noscsi nodma" I get the same error message as with just knoppix26
and after seeing the RAMDISK: part I think the ISO is corruptedCode:RAMDISK: couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0. Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on RAM 3.![]()
For a final check if it's corrupted typ "knoppix testcd". If it's corrupted, meaby someone near you can send you a copy of knoppix, saving you another week of donwnloading.
It shouldn't matter what you used to burn with as long as you burned the image (which it sounds like you did). Did you check the md5sum of your image before burning as mentioned in the Downloading FAQ
If the md5sum checks out OK then try reburning on a new cd-r at a slow speed.
If you have to re-download don't use a browser to do it especially IE.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SK Hynix 32GB DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM module (Model: HMA84GR7JJR4N-WM)
$449.00
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.
$3.99