Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wireless PC Card?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24

    Wireless PC Card?

    Knoppix boots just fine on my Sony laptop, but the wireless PC card is not installed. As far as I can tell, the D-Link DWL-G650 card does not have drivers for Linux.

    Can someone recommend an 802.11b or g PC card that does have Linux drivers and that Knoppix will find and install?

    Thanks, jimbo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8
    I have just picked up a d_link dwl-122. This is a wlan usb adapter. It is supposed to be supported via the prism drivers

    The reason I say its supposed to be is that I am having problems setting it up. I am able to have the system recognize the wlan link, and I can even get airsnort to read data thru it, but I cant get the system/browser to connect to it.

    It's probably me: I doing something wrong here (damn if I know what tho).

    Anyway the dwl-122 is a card you should ck out

    gd luck

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    columbia,sc
    Posts
    1
    Jim
    Well I have been trying to WIFI to work with any verison of Linux.. I have tryed Red Hat,Mandrake,suse all with no luck

    This verison of KNOPPIX 3.4 has found my WIFI card and works very well

    so to answer your guestion am using a

    NETGEAR WG511.


    Hope this helps you..
    William

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24
    Well, I had a ZoomAir 802.11b Prism card in my spare parts collection, so I installed it in WinXP and verified that it worked. Then I booted Knoppix from the CD and the card was installed and I was surfing with Mozilla in about 2 minutes!! It was easier than WinXP where I had to install software and drivers, reboot, install the card and then scan for a signal and then join that signal before I could connect to the Internet.

    jimbo

Similar Threads

  1. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  2. Which Wireless Card?
    By boehmb in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 01:22 PM
  3. Wireless card
    By Kevin in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 12:13 PM
  4. Wireless card help
    By PhR057Y in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 03:37 PM
  5. Wireless Card
    By PJ Vac in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$12.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99