Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: CD eject with KNOPPIX live

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8

    CD eject with KNOPPIX live

    Is it possible to eject the CD when running KNOPPIX live? I know of some other live distrobution (Slax) that have a eject cheatcode, but I did not see one for KNOPPIX

    Mark

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Mark,

    I don't think so... I think Knoppix "locks" the CD-ROM device, so that it knows the drive, and its disc, will be there when it needs it...

    The only way, I've heard, of getting that disc out of the drive, when booting -=- other than from a hard drive "complete" install -=- is to use some of the "poor man's" techniques... Like copy the ISO to the hard drive and boot from a floppy that points to the hard drive image...

    Maybe someone else has better ideas, and probably has done them, for me, I did the complete hard drive install... So, I am probably not the best of help here, especially on this subject, but, I try... But, I have read a few posts of other people working on this same subject, and have "pieced together" some of that information...

    Hope this helps,
    Ms. Cuddles

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: CD eject with KNOPPIX live

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Walter
    Is it possible to eject the CD when running KNOPPIX live? I know of some other live distrobution (Slax) that have a eject cheatcode, but I did not see one for KNOPPIX

    Mark
    Yes indeed it is IF (and this is a big if) you have 1G of system RAM. Not system RAM +Swap as that won't work. Knoppix is quite fast running from RAM. Use the toram cheatcode. If you have only 768M RAM then it would be possible to boot a 500M .iso into RAM as well. Of course you could always boot the .iso directly from hdd which in turn frees up your cdrom.

Similar Threads

  1. Useful tip: Run LiveCD and eject CD
    By henrique in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 07:15 AM
  2. CD Eject and installing files
    By macstrat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
  3. how to eject cd?
    By redss in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 04:44 PM
  4. custom knoppix eject on poweroff/reboot problem
    By bartavelle in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 05:10 PM
  5. Eject cd
    By Ambrose in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2003, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A picture

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A

$119.99



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00