-
Installproblem: Usage for XDialogs
hello all,
I tried to install Knoppix 3.4 on a Compaq Proliant 1600 server with raid array 3200 controller. I have the problem that even though I created a 4 GB Linux partition (ReiserFS / Bootable) and a 512 MB Linux-Swap the system requirements seem not to be met.
When I use IGNORE_CHECK=1 on the knoppix installer (downloaded the latest version from the net) I end up with a textfile popping up that shows a file "Usage for XDialogs". When I choose next the script finishs and the shell prompt is again there. Install does not proceed.
Any ideas what could be the problem?
Thanks
Vullyman
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would sugest you create partition for linux from outside of knoppix, don't use qtpart,it's buggy. Try some googling and look for some partition management software that can create linux partition. Ex: Ranish,partition magic....
Create ext and linux swap.
When finish, then will you use knoppix cd to install.
If you don't want to use other partition manager, you could try boot from knoppix cd with cheatcode knoppix 2 so it won't enter kde. While in command line state, you could use this command : cfdisk to patition your hdd. After that, reboot your system and proceed with knopix installation.
-
I partitioned the disk with Partition Magic and with this I got one step or better one form further. I still need the IGNORE_CHECK=1 and then I can choose the setup typ but after that again the Usage for XDialogs pops up and that finishes the script.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sorry, I missed that you are using RAID ARRAY. That is the problem.
I don't know how to do it on raid, but i found something that might help you.
http://www.geekcomix.com/cgi-bin/cla..._Software_RAID
Good luck.
-
HD Install succeeded - mouse does not move
I tried without the RAID Array (lets take it one step after the other) and what a nice surprise the installer runs through...
unfortunately the next issue is already there
The mouse does not work... it stay right in the middle of the screen. But that was already the same with the Knoppix from CD.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know what type of mouse you have.
You have to do some editing in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
for the mouse to work.
Or you could try run kxconfig in root shell.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Forgot to ask you...is your mouse hang on both kernel?
Some people only has problem with either one kernel. Mine with kernel 2.4.26.
-
it's a simple PS/2 mouse (3 button mouse no wheel) and I can only boot the standard kernel 2.4.26. The 2.6 kernel does panic...
I had not yet time to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or use kxconfig....
thanks a lot for your help!
-
Senior Member
registered user
You could try edit your /etc/lilo.conf first.Append nowheelmouse in your kernel 2.4.26 lines, example:
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.26
label="Linux2.4"
initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.4.26
append="ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce alsa nowheelmouse"
and DON'T FORGET to update your lilo, type lilo in root shell.
-
I edited the lilo.conf and added the nowheelmouse but this did not yet help... so I will try to get this working with XF86Config-4 and/or kxconfig.
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By jpretti in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 06:14 PM
-
By Alexxx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 11:53 PM
-
By raduen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:07 PM
-
By hankster in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 09:37 AM
-
By Jester^ in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00