-
CD eject with KNOPPIX live
Is it possible to eject the CD when running KNOPPIX live? I know of some other live distrobution (Slax) that have a eject cheatcode, but I did not see one for KNOPPIX
Mark
-
Senior Member
registered user
Mark,
I don't think so... I think Knoppix "locks" the CD-ROM device, so that it knows the drive, and its disc, will be there when it needs it...
The only way, I've heard, of getting that disc out of the drive, when booting -=- other than from a hard drive "complete" install -=- is to use some of the "poor man's" techniques... Like copy the ISO to the hard drive and boot from a floppy that points to the hard drive image...
Maybe someone else has better ideas, and probably has done them, for me, I did the complete hard drive install... So, I am probably not the best of help here, especially on this subject, but, I try... But, I have read a few posts of other people working on this same subject, and have "pieced together" some of that information...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: CD eject with KNOPPIX live

Originally Posted by
Mark Walter
Is it possible to eject the CD when running KNOPPIX live? I know of some other live distrobution (Slax) that have a eject cheatcode, but I did not see one for KNOPPIX
Mark
Yes indeed it is IF (and this is a big if) you have 1G of system RAM. Not system RAM +Swap as that won't work. Knoppix is quite fast running from RAM. Use the toram cheatcode. If you have only 768M RAM then it would be possible to boot a 500M .iso into RAM as well. Of course you could always boot the .iso directly from hdd which in turn frees up your cdrom.
Similar Threads
-
By henrique in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 22
Last Post: 10-13-2009, 07:15 AM
-
By macstrat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By bartavelle in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 05:10 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2003, 02:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99

IBM Face Plate for OEM IMI 5012H 10MB MFM 5.25" Full Height Hard Disk Drive
$29.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00

IBM Genuine OEM Network Printer 12 Toner Cartridge 63H3005 Printer Ink - NEW
$119.58

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49