-
Senior Member
registered user
Mark,
I don't think so... I think Knoppix "locks" the CD-ROM device, so that it knows the drive, and its disc, will be there when it needs it...
The only way, I've heard, of getting that disc out of the drive, when booting -=- other than from a hard drive "complete" install -=- is to use some of the "poor man's" techniques... Like copy the ISO to the hard drive and boot from a floppy that points to the hard drive image...
Maybe someone else has better ideas, and probably has done them, for me, I did the complete hard drive install... So, I am probably not the best of help here, especially on this subject, but, I try... But, I have read a few posts of other people working on this same subject, and have "pieced together" some of that information...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By henrique in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 22
Last Post: 10-13-2009, 07:15 AM
-
By macstrat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By bartavelle in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 05:10 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2003, 02:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$34.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

KingFast F10 256GB 2.5” SATA III SSD Tested Working 2710DCS23BF-256
$22.89

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00