Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Screen Resolution on Tecra 8000

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3

    Screen Resolution on Tecra 8000

    I have recently tried Knoppix on a friends advice. So far the only issue I've found is that I CANNOT stand working on a screen resolution of 640x480. I have looked through all the settings that my limited Linux experience allows and that is the highest resolution it will allow me. The laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8000, which I have read several people say they have working. If you could please let me know if you encountered this issue and how you fixed it. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    If you are running the live cd, open a root shell, type kxconfig and press enter. You should see an option for screen resolution. Use the dropdown menu for the desired screen resolution. Quit and be sure to save the configuration. In the same root shell, type restartx and press enter. This should also work with hdd install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3

    No Go

    I tried what you said. I saved and when I restarted same thing. Back to 640x480. It's also saying that I have a generic vesa card. I have been looking to find the answer, but to no avail. If anybody who set up Knoppix on a Tecra 8000 had this problem and found the fix, I once again ask for your help to fix it. Thank you.

    20 minutes later: Nevermind. I finally figured out what the problem was. I was trying to use the wrong video drivers. Sorry for the inconvenience. The working combination is Neomagic NM2230 256AV+, for future reference. Thanks all.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 07:05 AM
  2. tecra 8000 - sound on version 3.8.1
    By ntsc in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 11:14 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 12:30 AM
  4. Yamaha OPL not detected on Toshiba Tecra 8000 sndconfig fail
    By Pierre_Gronau in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:48 PM
  5. Screen Resolution
    By Patrick21 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00