-
Re: I cannot boot KNOPPIX on HD!
Salve TYRO,
I wrote this text, because it worked on my Laptop.
>I just followed "http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHdBased
>section 1.2"
>After I used the command "lilo -C /mnt/hda3/boot/lilo.conf",
>Knoppix responded me "Can't open /mnt/hda ....".
I found a small mistake, I wrote to link /mnt/hda3/boot to /
>>- ln -sf /mnt/ha3/boot/ /
>>
>>Lilo has to write to /boot/map. Because the CD-ROM is read only this
>>faild. So link the new /mnt/ha3/boot/ directory over /boot. But
>>aware to use full pathnames and use only "/" as linkname.
instead of ha3 it must be hda3. Sorry, I have corret the wiki now.
>I wonder what the problem is.
When this was not the reson for you problem I have another idea,
after linking /mnt/hda3/boot to / you could try to use
- ln -sf /mnt/hda3/boot/ /
lilo -C /boot/lilo.conf
>My laptop is IBM X22.
>I have only one hard disk.
>Partitions are as follows:
>hda1: FAT 32
>hda2: linux swap
>hda3: linux ext3
>hda5(logical): FAT 32
This seams that you use your laptop together with Windows.
I don't know if this make trouble for/with lilo. (I'm not
experianced with using lilo and Windows)
So I the idea with "lilo -C /boot/lilo.conf" helps.
Greeting
rob
Similar Threads
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

New in Box:Polycom VVX 150 VoIP Desk Phone PoE Black
$55.00

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot of 2 OPEN BOX Cisco IP Phone CP-8841 5 Line Gigabit VoIP Phone CP-8841-K9=
$189.99

Yealink SIP-T54W IP Phone - WORKING - POOR SCREEN CONDITION - (PoE)
$48.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00