-
I cannot boot KNOPPIX on HD!
I just followed "http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHdBased
section 1.2"
After I used the command "lilo -C /mnt/hda3/boot/lilo.conf",
Knoppix responded me "Can't open /mnt/hda ....".
I wonder what the problem is.
I already checked "lilo.conf", but I couldn't find anything wrong.
Thus I can't reboot without CD-ROM or Floppy.
Please give me some advice.
Thanks.
My laptop is IBM X22.
I have only one hard disk.
Partitions are as follows:
hda1: FAT 32
hda2: linux swap
hda3: linux ext3
hda5(logical): FAT 32
TYRO cgu214
-
Re: I cannot boot KNOPPIX on HD!
Salve TYRO,
I wrote this text, because it worked on my Laptop.
>I just followed "http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHdBased
>section 1.2"
>After I used the command "lilo -C /mnt/hda3/boot/lilo.conf",
>Knoppix responded me "Can't open /mnt/hda ....".
I found a small mistake, I wrote to link /mnt/hda3/boot to /
>>- ln -sf /mnt/ha3/boot/ /
>>
>>Lilo has to write to /boot/map. Because the CD-ROM is read only this
>>faild. So link the new /mnt/ha3/boot/ directory over /boot. But
>>aware to use full pathnames and use only "/" as linkname.
instead of ha3 it must be hda3. Sorry, I have corret the wiki now.
>I wonder what the problem is.
When this was not the reson for you problem I have another idea,
after linking /mnt/hda3/boot to / you could try to use
- ln -sf /mnt/hda3/boot/ /
lilo -C /boot/lilo.conf
>My laptop is IBM X22.
>I have only one hard disk.
>Partitions are as follows:
>hda1: FAT 32
>hda2: linux swap
>hda3: linux ext3
>hda5(logical): FAT 32
This seams that you use your laptop together with Windows.
I don't know if this make trouble for/with lilo. (I'm not
experianced with using lilo and Windows)
So I the idea with "lilo -C /boot/lilo.conf" helps.
Greeting
rob
Similar Threads
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco 6500 WS-X6148A-GE-45AF 48-Port 10/100/1000 RJ-45 802.3af PoE Card Module.
$80.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00