Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I cannot boot KNOPPIX on HD!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1

    I cannot boot KNOPPIX on HD!

    I just followed "http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHdBased
    section 1.2"
    After I used the command "lilo -C /mnt/hda3/boot/lilo.conf",
    Knoppix responded me "Can't open /mnt/hda ....".
    I wonder what the problem is.
    I already checked "lilo.conf", but I couldn't find anything wrong.
    Thus I can't reboot without CD-ROM or Floppy.
    Please give me some advice.
    Thanks.

    My laptop is IBM X22.
    I have only one hard disk.
    Partitions are as follows:
    hda1: FAT 32
    hda2: linux swap
    hda3: linux ext3
    hda5(logical): FAT 32


    TYRO cgu214

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Aachen, Europe
    Posts
    85

    Re: I cannot boot KNOPPIX on HD!

    Salve TYRO,

    I wrote this text, because it worked on my Laptop.

    >I just followed "http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHdBased
    >section 1.2"
    >After I used the command "lilo -C /mnt/hda3/boot/lilo.conf",
    >Knoppix responded me "Can't open /mnt/hda ....".

    I found a small mistake, I wrote to link /mnt/hda3/boot to /
    >>- ln -sf /mnt/ha3/boot/ /
    >>
    >>Lilo has to write to /boot/map. Because the CD-ROM is read only this
    >>faild. So link the new /mnt/ha3/boot/ directory over /boot. But
    >>aware to use full pathnames and use only "/" as linkname.
    instead of ha3 it must be hda3. Sorry, I have corret the wiki now.

    >I wonder what the problem is.
    When this was not the reson for you problem I have another idea,
    after linking /mnt/hda3/boot to / you could try to use
    - ln -sf /mnt/hda3/boot/ /
    lilo -C /boot/lilo.conf


    >My laptop is IBM X22.
    >I have only one hard disk.
    >Partitions are as follows:
    >hda1: FAT 32
    >hda2: linux swap
    >hda3: linux ext3
    >hda5(logical): FAT 32

    This seams that you use your laptop together with Windows.
    I don't know if this make trouble for/with lilo. (I'm not
    experianced with using lilo and Windows)

    So I the idea with "lilo -C /boot/lilo.conf" helps.
    Greeting
    rob

Similar Threads

  1. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  2. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  3. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
  4. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
  5. Boot knoppix withough Floppy and CD boot
    By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W picture

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W

$49.95



OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520 picture

OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520

$29.43



New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6

New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5

$44.95



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM Genuine 42WH WDX0R WDXOR Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42WH WDX0R WDXOR Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$29.79



OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W picture

OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W

$31.69



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515 picture

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515

$47.95



OEM 69KF2 Battery 86Wh For Dell Inspiron 7510 16 Plus 7610 7620 XPS 15 9500 9510 picture

OEM 69KF2 Battery 86Wh For Dell Inspiron 7510 16 Plus 7610 7620 XPS 15 9500 9510

$50.09